Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Monday, December 10, 2007

HERE WE GO AGAIN!

It's icy outside again. I would show pictures but something technical isn't happening like it's supposed to so we must practice the virtue of patience. I received the nicest prize Saturday from Michelle and Jack and Katie and hope to show it off soon. So nice! I'm currently knitting on an Irish Hiking Scarf to go with the plain mittens I finished and next will be a matching Irish Hiking Hat. These are a gift set for Carolyn's pal who doesn't visit here so I think it would be alright to show. I've been knitting mittens since last week when I told my dear hubby that I felt bad about not getting to his sweater and not knowing when I would either, but I wanted to knit him something useful. So he has some mittens and #1 son has some too as well as Carolyn and her pal.
I need to make some mittens for Daniel and Michael too and maybe even Daniel's friend J. I may get in a pair for our mail carrier, but who knows?! One thing I do know is that I will be missing the deadline for the holiday donation for The Preemie Project this year:~( I still have a sleeve and the yolk to go on the Cobblestone Pullover. I know if I stuck to a schedule it would help but I need things to be a little flexible.
I did get to attend the knit-in at Simply Fibers for a couple of hours and had a nice time. I met a couple of new friends in Ravelry. I have been trying to keep up with the groups forming now and have joined 24 so far. Today I was happy to see The Preemie Project has one too.
This season is so full of wonderful things to celebrate in the litergical calendar. The beginning of Advent is the beginning of the new year in the church calendar. Last Wednesday at PSR (parish school of religion) we talked about putting up a Jesus stocking and filling it with good deeds as gifts to Jesus. I like the idea and will be looking to find or make a stocking for us to fill. It is after all Jesus' birthday we are celebrating.
Well, I'm off to fix some Crock Pot Potato Soup. Hope you are all well and warm! Hope to download some pictures tonight when my dear hubby gets home.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    We got the ice storm too,we were blessed our electricity wasn,t out for a long time. I love your blog! I love the new projects you are doing,the mittens and the scarf. I like the cascade yarn.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home