Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Friday, March 14, 2008

SPRING BREAK HAS BEGUN



The boys are having a wonderful time as spring break has begun. Daniel and I went to Andy's for a treat and then went into Simply Fibers to drop off the papipads and find me a birthday treat with my 20% birthday month discount. I found a couple of skeins of luxurious Seacoast Handpainted Yarns 50% merino wool 50% tencel yarn in the Retro colorway. Just out of the box and not yet stamped with price. I saved $9 with my coupon. Don't know exactly what they will eventually become since (*gasp*) I don't do socks. It may become a lovely lacy scarf someday. First things first though.
I'm working up a red cloth (from my cotton ends) in all knit for the car to wipe the condensation and made it in red just in case I need to use it to indicate trouble. I'm taking some more days off from the tablecloth so a row or two on the papipads as I'm able will be the order of this week. I'm hoping to get through the cotton yarn ends first.
We'll be busy having fun around here I'm sure and we will be mindful that this Sunday is Palm Sunday and the beginning of Holy Week. Don't know how much blogging I'll be doing so hope everyone has a blessed week.
*******
"We're all called to be great saints. Don't miss the opportunity!"~Mother Angelica

1 Comments:

  • At 6:04 AM , Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    The yarn is pretty! It will make a nice scarf (or whatever you decide). Until you mentioned it, I never noticed you didn't knit socks.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home