Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

ROSEBUD HAT

Directions are in Susan B. Anderson's book Itty-Bitty Hats, I made the rosebuds in the yellow colorway since this is for the baby girl my son's school principal is soon to have, and it's the school colors. I've made some more rosebuds for another hat soon to be knit up, but this time the colors are about all I have of Caron Simply Soft and the hat will be white.
We celebrated Labor Day with a turkey (from last Christmas gift from Norm's employers) and all the fixings. September has always been a favorite month of mine, but more so now that I'm Catholic and we celebrate Mary's birthday on the eighth.
After reevaluating all the many projects I have waiting in the wings, I've decided that at least for this week I will focus on hats and then perhaps I'll finish up on the recycled blue jean quilt I sewed up a few months back. We may be having a garage sale soon to help defray the costs of a trip my oldest son may be taking in January with the school orchestra.
****************************************
"Man's love for God owes its origin, growth, and perfection to god's eternal love for man....Everything we have is God's gift to us--above all, the supernatural blessings of charity. If they are ours by gift, why boast about them?"
~St. Francis de Sales

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home