Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

IT'S WEDNESDAY ALREADY?






Well folks, this summer has really flown by!
Chester and Daniel are really quite a pair. They both are about being on the go and having fun, but they rest well together too.
I like the yellow and black hat I made in the 12-24 month size. It will be sent to The Preemie Project for their fund raiser later this year. I really like most everything Debbie Bliss puts out and the book: Debbie Bliss Baby and Toddler Knits has some really nice knits.
I've also just come across a nice washcloth pattern that can be found here. I'm making this one for my kitchen and just this evening used a couple of 40% off coupons at Michael's where Eric picked a couple of colors of Sugar 'n Cream. I'm going to make a few cloths for my boys for their use one day. Another place I just came across that has some nice free cloth patterns is here.
Came across the cutest hat pattern for preemies. The one shown is for the small preemie. I have one on the needles now that's for the large size preemie. Next I'll do the medium size.
Got the book, "Do One Nice Thing" by Debbie Tenzer from the public library, from their "new" section. I've been doing a few of the things mentioned already. If you are interested in finding out the many things you can do to make the world a little nicer go check out their site here. It's pretty inspiring and uplifting.
I was inspired today to fill yet another trash bag full of clothing to go to Goodwill. The Fly Lady has some really good tips on helping you accomplish such a task.
The last picture shows my young budding chalk artist making his latest creation on the chalkboard. Hope you are inspired to make every day count:~D

1 Comments:

  • At 6:21 AM , Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    Nice hat and cloth.

    If I ever get around to cleaning out my closet, I'll have bags and bags of things to donate. That should be inspiration enough, but I'm dreading it.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home