Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Friday, July 24, 2009

SIMPLY MARVELOUS





Isn't it simply marvelous how limber and cute kittens are?
It was at Simply Fibers on Thursday that my marvelous friend Carol presented me with all this marvelous yarn from an anonymous donor!!!
I bought the newest Fall 2009 edition of Knit Simple which has a marvelous article about The Preemie Project. It's marvelous that it's getting this bigger coverage. It's such a worthwhile charity. I've made Good Search my homepage and every time I search TPP gets money!! Try it out and see. There are many charities using this search engine which I think is simply marvelous;~P
I used my new gifted yarn to make up a preemie hat from the pattern in Knit Simple:~D It will look so cute during the autumn season on some sweet little head!
Lastly, speaking of sweet heads,(HA) my hair was coming out not because of any cancer treatments, but because of the decrease in hormones. So, I cut it all off and I think it looks much better than it had been. Well, at least it's cooler in the summer and it IS growing back.
****************************************
****************************************
Thanks for stopping by! You are all in my daily prayers.
****************************************
PRAYER FOR PRIESTS AND MISSIONARIES
My dear Jesus, by Your most loving Heart, I implore You
to inflame with zeal for Your love and glory all the priest of
the world, all missionaries, and those whose office it is to preach
Your word. Inflamed with this zeal, may they snatch souls from
the devil and lead them into the shelter of Your Heart, where they
may glorify You forever. Amen.
~This prayer was received by Sr. Josefa Menendez from Our Lord,
who said to her, "Repeat these words every day."

5 Comments:

  • At 1:05 PM , Blogger Lulu said...

    i just adore your hats..they are so beautiful.
    i hope i find that mag, would love to read about it..
    prayers and hugs,

     
  • At 1:13 PM , Blogger Lulu said...

    Lana, are you ok? whats happened?

     
  • At 8:08 AM , Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    That hat is so cute. I need to pick up that magazine.

    I hope you can get your hormone levels straightened out.

     
  • At 5:05 PM , Blogger Barbara said...

    Well, you look great, honey! And love that little pumpkin hat. Cute, cute!

     
  • At 5:45 PM , Blogger EC Gefroh said...

    Nice to seeing your smiling face Lana!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home