Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My Current Pile Of Cloths


As soon as I finish with this cone of Peaches & Cream I'll weave in the ends and put these cloths in a baggy with a bar of Ivory soap and donate to the local Red Cross. I haven't stopped to count them yet, I want to be surprised. I may need to purchase a few small balls to get to a number ending in zero:~P
I have a couple of round blankets on the needles as well as a rectangular blanket that I may end up keeping. I finally found a place (fabric.com) that sells the baseball buttons that I like to use on my burial buntings so will be making some of those up too in between working on the blankets. Norman has also requested that I make another vest for him since the moths have eaten into the one I made a few years ago:~(
Daniel began 6th grade and Michael is in 1st. Both are liking it pretty well. Eric has decided to enroll at OTC (Ozarks Technical College) in the spring. He has been fortunate enough to have gotten into the Drury Civic Orchestra on a trial period. Between Daniel and Eric there should be some really nice music in store for us this year:~)
I have felt the Holy Spirit move me to be a sponsor for someone in the RCIA program this year. I entered the Catholic Church in April of 2003. I thought then that I'd like to give back and be a sponsor but life got in the way. Without really thinking about it I have felt the call that this year should be the year. If you are a Catholic in good standing you should prayerfully consider becoming a sponsor for someone entering the Church.
This year has flown by. There is no want of yarn or project to knit on. I suppose when you are happy and busy in knitting for others the time just speeds by. This poor blog doesn't get the attention it deserves but since my dear hubby uses the computer to work from home it isn't as available to work on as it once was. My goal now it to post at least once a month if not more. Since I've been knitting on various projects at the same time the finished projects will not be as frequent. Hope you who visit here will keep stopping by every so often and leave a message;~)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home