Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Monday, August 13, 2007

FO AT LAST!!!



I've been working on this white/blue blanket for some time now. I was going to make it a large, all white and weave some blue ribbon through the eyelets. Well, Caron Simply Soft decided to change their pretty white into their "NEW" white which is a terrible dingy grayish color that I won't touch. So, since I wouldn't have enough white white yarn I decided to make the other half blue. I used US size 8 needles and worked up to 240 stitches which made the measurements I got at 40"x46". It's extra-large and will be a nice gift for someone to wrap their precious child in.
I also finished a Micro Burial Bunting with a ruffled bonnet (pattern from Linda Aker- The Preemie Project Yahoo group's list grandma). This is for a baby less than one pound.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:25 PM , Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

    You know, I kinda like the blanket that way! I do charity projects for babies too! So does my hubby. We make them for Newborns In Need1 thanks for your sweet comments and nice visit1 glad to meet you again!

     
  • At 7:04 PM , Blogger Barbara said...

    Did you find that bonnet pattern through the Preemie Project website?

     
  • At 5:35 AM , Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    I like the way the blanket turned out. The two-tone look is more interesting than all one color. Great work! The bonnet and bunting are really cute too.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home