Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Friday, August 17, 2007

SAY YOUR PRAYERS

"Mental prayer is nothing but a friendly conversation in which the soul speaks, heart to heart, with the One Who we know loves us."
~St. Theresa of Avila
*******
"[Prayer] is commonly held to be a conversation. In a conversation there are always an 'I' and a 'thou' or 'you.' In this case the 'Thou' is with a capital 'T.' If at the first the 'I' seems to be the most important element in prayer, prayer teaches that the situation is different. The 'Thou' is more important, because our prayer begins with God."
~Pope John Paul II
*******
"In the New Covenant, prayer is the living relationship of the children of God with their Father Who is good beyond measure, with His Son Jesus Christ and with the Holy Spirit."
~Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC), no. 2565

1 Comments:

  • At 8:25 AM , Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

    Very interesting! I remember when I was able to work, I cleaned offices so I was pretty much by myself on my floors cleaning all night. I would softly sing hymns and such and just talk to God in my head about everything and nothing at all. It was such a wonderful peaceful time for being alone with God.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home