Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Saturday, August 18, 2007

TWO MORE HAT/BOOTIE SETS


Added these two full term sized hat/booties sets to the next box going to The Preemie Project. The pink is the Feather & Fan Baby Cap pattern and as usual paired with Michelle's booties pattern. The one on the bottom is the regular pattern I use with small brightly colored buttons sewn on.
I started on Daniel's sweater (the pattern from Winter 2006/07 Knit Simple I've used before for Dulaan knitting) using Bernat Camouflage (100% acrylic, but sooo soft) and on a new blanket using this pattern and Caron Simply Soft in Orchid. Also got the cotton yarn and the pastel and brights sorted. Not doing too badly with trimming the stash down. Still a long way to go, but I reserved the right to buy any yarn to finish a specific project. I did use restraint as Daniel and I went to Simply Fibers today and I got the Fall 2007 Interweave Knits. Eric said he would like the Cobblestone Pullover. I'll wait til I get Daniel's sweater done before having Eric pick out his yarn. I also purchased "The little Sublime hand knit book". So many cute patterns! Also "Knit One, Kill Two" by Maggie Sefton. A quick knitting mystery book to end the summer as I take a breather from too much knitting. We had scattered rain today and really felt the humidity even though the temps didn't get as high.
Hope everyone is keeping cool and busy!
I'd like to close with a few words about the Hail Mary. God Bless!!!
*******
"By asking Mary to pray for us, we acknowledge ourselves to be poor sinners and we address ourselves to the 'Mother of Mercy,' the All-Holy One. We give ourselves over to her now, in the Today of our lives. And our trust broadens further, already at the present moment, to surrender 'the hour of our death' wholly to her care. May she be there as she was at her son's death on the cross. May she welcome us as our mother at the hour of our passing to lead us to her son, Jesus, in paradise."
~CCC, no. 2677
*******
"By each Hail Mary we give our Lady the same honor that God gave her when He sent the angel Gabriel to greet her for Him."
~from "The Secret of the Rosary", St. Louis de Montfort

6 Comments:

  • At 3:33 PM , Blogger Micki said...

    So, where is your "regular pattern?" for the white baby hat. It is just precious with the colorful buttons.
    Hope all is well with you. You never answered my email to you asking a question.

     
  • At 5:24 AM , Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    Cute hats and booties! I haven't set any rules, but I think my stash has reached the point that I don't need anything else, especially when it comes to baby yarn for TPP.

     
  • At 9:38 AM , Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

    Oh I just love those sets! Lovely, lovely stitching my dear friend! makes my hats look pretty sad I tell you! LOL!

     
  • At 3:28 PM , Blogger Susan said...

    pretty pink feather and fan baby hat!

     
  • At 4:31 PM , Blogger Barbara said...

    I love the little buttons -- cute idea.

     
  • At 5:24 PM , Blogger Lulu said...

    ilove your hats they are so beautiful...
    wish you lived close by so you could teach me to knit..

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home