Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS








Eric dressed up for a concert and Daniel had a luau party for the last day before winter break. Michael's gift from Santa this year is a Santa-in-the-box which plunks out "Jingle Bells". He is VERY happy with it. "Midnight Mass" for us was the 4;30 Saturday and the church overflowed into the gymnasium, which was very full as well. Just before we were ready to leave Michael became sleepy, so he is yawning in the picture. Today we sang "Happy Birthday" to Jesus and ate the small white cake and chocolate cupcakes too. Last is the statue of St. Joseph and baby Jesus Norm got from us. We will be having meatloaf and mashed potatoes for our Christmas dinner. It's in honor of "A Christmas Story". We're not without a sense of humor around here. Also, as a gag gift the older boys wrapped up a pair of (his) underwear and socks for Norm. I have a feeling this may become a running gag.
On the knitting front I made a pair of mittens for our mail carrier which I did not take a picture of. I'm currently working on the second sleeve of the Cobblestone Pullover. I also had a wild hair and began a top for myself. I must soon have to begin working on the embroidered tablecloth for the wedding of a friend who is to be married in May. I really don't want to wait til the last minute since I don't know how long it will take to complete. It's been a little while since I've embroidered. I'd rather knit thank you.
Hope you all have a blessed and fun Christmas day!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home