Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Friday, March 28, 2008

FRIDAY FUN



Yippee! The pinwheel blanket is done and delivered:~D(matching hat and booties to be done this weekend) Michael and I also had lunch at Long John Silver's with Norm and Michael had fun pretending to answer Dad's phone at work.
Tonight is a special SALE at Simply Fibers that doesn't begin until 8pm. I intend to be there!!
Last night we tried a new recipe. The Duggar family's Tater Tot Casserole was a big hit here. I halved it for us and used 1lb all white and 1lb dark meat. I really admire the Duggar's for their commitment to follow God's plan for their lives. Seeking first the Kingdom of God is the best advice anyone could follow. It's amazing to me to read so much criticism for people who are raising (successfully too)large families. They seem to fail to see the whole picture. I look around and know many people who are not getting married or having children. The critics look at those who are having more than two children and screaming that there's going to be overpopulation!! Nature has a way of evening things out even before the scourge of abortion or contraception the critics are so supportive of. Wars, famine, and pestilence are the wages of sin. When we fail to seek the Kingdom of God first, we have only ourselves to blame for the outcome.
*******
"My God, I am sorry for my sins with all my heart. In choosing to do wrong and failing to do good, I have sinned against You whom I should love above all things. I firmly intend, with Your help, to do penance, to sin no more, and to avoid whatever leads me to sin. Our Savior Jesus Christ suffered and died for us. In His name, my God, have mercy."
*******
PSALM 103
"...The Lord is merciful and loving, slow to become angry and full of constant love. He does not keep on rebuking; he is not angry forever. He does not punish us as we deserve or repay us according to our sins and wrongs.
As high as the sky is above the earth, so great is His love for those who have reverence for Him.
As far as the east is from the west, so far does He remove our sins from us..."

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home