Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Saturday, August 09, 2008

RAINING ON THE OUTSIDE, SUNNY ON THE INSIDE


I went to pick up the dozen cloths my friend Mischelle knit up last month and she surprised me with a beautiful bouquet of zinnias from her garden! I LOVE zinnias! Thank you so much Mischelle for the beautiful cloths and flowers. It was nice to be able to have our visit:~D
I stopped by Newborns In Need and bought a couple of sunglasses and talked with a volunteer a few minutes. Will be donating something next weekend, weather and health being good (I'm recovering from Wednesday's food poisoning. Enough said.)
Then it was on to De Sales Catholic Bookstore where among other things I found the Act of Contrition holy cards my Dear Hubby wanted.
Then it was on to Simply Fibers where Carol had wound my Cascade 220 I bought to knit up my Christmas gift to my #1 son. Carol and I had a nice chat and I was glad I remembered to bring in my two Papipads for the Humane Society.
Then it was on to Wal Mart to pick up a few things as well as get new batteries for my Dear Hubby's watch. Who do I run into by my 5th and 6th grade teacher Mrs. Taylor!! She and one of her granddaughters were going out as I was coming in. What a nice visit! She is retired and has 7 wonderful grandchildren.
Shopping finished I head on home and realize I forgot to get Norm's watch so after a little refreshment I head out again and pick up the watch. This time I get a happy face sticker from the lovely "hat lady". She is a greeter and is such a sweet lady.
Just need to get the round blanket steamed and then it will have it's picture taken. Right now the cotton cloths are getting my knitter attention. The comfort shawl will be next and then the log cabin blanket and then a baby surprise jacket. That's my hope anyways.
Just remember, "Man makes plans and God laughs."
Have a wonderful blessed day:~D

3 Comments:

  • At 9:18 AM , Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

    Hi sweetie! Hope you are feeling a lot better! huggles!

     
  • At 7:10 AM , Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    The zinnias are a lovely treat--one of my favorite flowers. I planted some this year, but we've had so little rain, that they didn't do well.

     
  • At 10:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What beautiful flowers :-)

    Thank you for mentioning De Sales - it's always nice to hear someone found just what they were looking for!

    I had fun looking at your blog.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home