Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

CLAPOTIS FINISHED. CHECK!



Yes, the Clapotis is for me and is finally finished. The upper picture was taken by me in the bathroom mirror, and the second was modeled by my sweet boy Michael. I used the yarn called for in the pattern, Lorna's Laces Lion & Lamb, (Lakeview colorway) but needed four skeins to finish. Too bad it's not cool enough to wear it but, soon enough:~D
I can also check off, on the "to do" list, that Michael's closet is straightened and mouse free. (Oh, I should know better than to hide candy in there! My bad!)
Also, check off some Full Term and large preemie hat/bootie sets. Another kid sized wool cap is in the works.
Next I want to start a cross stitch project and finish tying the recycled blue jean quilt. That should finish off the rest of this week.
ps Am reading "Sins and Needles" by Monica Ferris and have her book "Knitting Bones" standing by from the library. Just felt like reading a mystery or two. I've not read her before, but am enjoying the read. She includes a knitting pattern in the back of the books which is a nice bonus.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Lana!

    Your clapotis is just lovely! The colors in that yarn are so nice!

    By coincidence, I just finished reading the first two Monica Ferris needlework mysteries, "Crewel World" and "Framed in Lace" and I enjoyed them both very much! I read a lot of mysteries! :)

    Best wishes!
    Bernadette

     
  • At 7:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It's GORGEOUS! I'm so glad to finally see you knit something for yourself - you deserve it!

     
  • At 6:55 AM , Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    I love your Clapotis! It looks so soft and cozy.

     
  • At 12:20 PM , Blogger larissa said...

    Beautiful!

    And yes, I have yarn for you. I'm sorry for the incredibly long delay. Do you like greens or yellows?

    Larissa

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home