Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Friday, September 26, 2008

WE GIVE THANKS

The cross stitch pattern is found in "Just CrossStitch" magazine, December 1999 edition. I used some left over 14 count aida cloth. The same as I used for the cross stitch alphabet boys. This was a fairly quick project and so appropriate for this time of year. I'm so thankful I can still see to do cross stitch. I'm grateful for my faith and family and friends. I'm thankful for the friends I've met through the world wide web. In these uncertain times I'm so grateful to have Jesus' assurance that He is with us, even to the end of the world.
What are you thankful for?
*******
PRAYER OF THANKSGIVING FOR THE EUCHARIST
"From the depths of my heart I thank You, dear Lord, for Your infinite kindness in coming to me! With Your most holy Mother and all the angels, I praise Your mercy and generosity toward me a poor sinner. I thank You for nourishing my soul with Your Sacred Body and Blood. I will try to show my gratitude to You in the Sacrament of Your love, by obedience to Your holy commandments, by fidelity to my duties, by kindness to my neighbor and by earnest endeavor to become more like You in my daily conduct."
~from "The How-To Book of Catholic Devotions"
by Mike Aquilina and Regis J. Flaherty

4 Comments:

  • At 3:23 PM , Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

    That turkey has some loooong legs! Cute cross stitch.

     
  • At 5:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Lana,

    That is just lovely! I take it you stitched it in only a few days? You're a fast stitcher! I used to do a lot of cross stitching when my kids were younger and I was able to stitch pieces on 28 and 32ct. linen. I went back to cross- stitching last year and now I'm doing good to see 14ct. and 18 ct. material! And that's with wearing my reading glasses, too! haha! Oh, well, I can't really complain! :)

    Like you, I'm very thankful for my husband and children, my Faith and the friends I've met along life's way. I've been very blessed!:)

    Have a nice evening!
    Bernadette

     
  • At 12:47 PM , Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    Somehow this post got lost in my blog list and I missed it earlier this week. What a lovely cross-stitch project! I'm giving God thanks for a good report from the doctor for a friend of mine.

     
  • At 4:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Just a note to let you know the Cyber Hymnal (linked from your blog page), has a new URL: http://www.hymntime.com/tch. Please spread the word!

    God bless...



    Dick

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home