Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

SOME OF LIFE'S BLESSINGS




*I'm blessed by my children and their smiles.
*I'm blessed by reading "Mother Angelica's Private and Pithy Lessons From the Scriptures" Introduced and edited by Raymond Arroyo.
*I'm blessed by the ceramic pots that hold my tools for knitting and praying.
*I'm blessed by my ability to knit and the yarn with which to knit up.
*I was unexpectedly blessed by the lady who checked me out of Wal-Mart last night. Daniel and I went to do some last minute shopping and as we were checking out the cashier asked me about my Preemie Project t-shirt. You see, she had had a preemie boy that weighed only 1lb.4oz in July of '06. He passed on shortly after. She still has his blanket. She was so touched that someone had cared enough to make a blanket and gave it to her. A special reminder of her precious blessing.
It took every ounce of strength for me not to break down and bawl! I offered to donate a blanket in his name if she would want to share it with me. As soon as Christmas is over I plan to make a special blue blanket and donate it in Matthew Levi's name.
*I'm blessed by my friend's who visit here and care to make a comment. Thank you all for stopping by and saying hello:~)
********************
Count your blessings name them one by one.
Count your blessings see what God has done.
Count your blessings, count your blessings.
Count your many blessings see what God has done!
(hymn that I remember singing at the First Baptist Church where I grew up.)

2 Comments:

  • At 10:08 AM , Blogger Angela said...

    Thank you for the reminder to count and name our blessings. Often, we're so overwhelmed with life's craziness that we forget about the blessings. My daughter was diagnosed with diabetes in August, and it has been so hard to adjust to the changes. I forget to thank God for the blessings that He has given to us. I had a "moment" yesterday when I just broke down in tears while talking to another teacher at school. She just stopped, and prayed with and for me. I'm blessed to work in a Catholic school, and have such lovely friends. God knew that I needed Helen right then, Thanks for reminding me to count those blessings. Peace.

     
  • At 3:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Great things to be thankful for. I so adore Mother Angelica. What a treasure she is.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home