Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Friday, August 14, 2009

THE MORNING OFFERING

On rising in the morning we should drop on our knees for a moment and make the following offering to the Sacred Heart of Our Lord:

Sacred Heart of Jesus, through the pure hands of Mary I offer Thee all the prayers, works and sufferings of this day and of all my life for the intentions of Thy Sacred Heart, for the Apostleship of Prayer and for all my own intentions.
(Some like to add:)
Every breath I draw this day, every beating of my heart, every step I take, every word I say, every movement of my body and mind I wish to be an act of love for Thee such as Thy Blessed Mother herself performed.

This act is short, but we should say it with full deliberation. It is of the highest importance, for it transforms every act of the day, every work, every suffering into an act of love, into an act of merit.
What thousands of acts of love we can thus perform! What immense graces we shall receive! What glory we shall give to God!
*****************************************

This is an excerpt from the little book "How to Be Happy, How to Be Holy" by Fr. Paul O'Sullivan, O.P. (E.D.M.) I bought this little book from the TAN publishing company several years ago and just came across it again. Just a reminder to praise God and to "Pray without ceasing." ~1 Thess. 5:17

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home