Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Friday, April 04, 2008

OH, WHAT A RELIEF IT IS!!!

Just needs to be washed, ironed and wrapped. Then it will be ready to gift by May 24. So. Very. Relieved. To. Have. Finished.
It really is a lovely tablecloth, even with all the beige. The instructions were WAY OFF as to how much thread was needed. I have 5 skeins of beige left over. Visually it's not quite spring here. I have my sweet husband's Cobblestone Pullover to finish. Yeah, it's beige, but it's knitting:~D Also, since it's been all rainy and cloudy lately we haven't been able to do any gardening either. Well, they don't talk about April showers for nothing. Perhaps we'll have a bit of sunshine for a couple of days(?).
Anyways, just wanted to share my joy at finishing this most ambitious gift. I'll probably put in a small statue of the Holy Family and a note to let her know it's to be used and not just put away. Life is just too short not to celebrate family.
************
FOR FAMILY AND FRIENDS
O Lord, remember my friends, all who have prayed for me and all who have done good for me.
Return this good to them, as well as all of their kindnesses, a hundredfold. Reward them with your blessings and sanctify them with your grace.
Let all my family and relatives, my neighbors and friends, receive the benefit of the prayers I have said for them. May they also receive the unstinting support of your divine providence and the sanctification of your Holy Spirit. Amen.

5 Comments:

  • At 3:22 PM , Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

    The tablecloth came out really nice!
    Sure doesn't feel like spring does it? I think my feet are getting webs between the toes from all the rain.

     
  • At 6:22 AM , Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    Lana,

    It's gorgeous!!! I can hear you celebrating all the way over here. This is a certainly a beautiful gift.

    Tracy

     
  • At 8:00 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

    Simply gorgeous

     
  • At 7:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Congrats. It's gorgeous!!

     
  • At 3:27 PM , Blogger EC Gefroh said...

    Lana, you did a beautiful job on it!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home