Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Sunday, February 17, 2008

SUNDAY UPDATE


Two more Papipads were delivered to Simply Fibers. This afternoon Daniel and I dropped them off and he chose some Cascade 220 in black for some more mittens in school colors. I believe I have some yellow left in my stash. I would have loved to have been able to knit with the crowd today, but Daniel and I had an errand to run.
Poor hubby has the flu and so asked me to get some green tea and so I did. Also got some more honey, which had helped Eric to ease his symptoms.
Hope everyone is feeling well and warm. Take care!
*********************
DAILY PRAYER DURING SICKNESS
Almighty God, I receive this sickness as coming from your hand. It is your will that it should come to me, and I accept it from your fatherly hand. I offer this sickness in honor of your Holy Name and for the good of my soul. I am your creature and I am pleased to suffer what you will for as long as you please and in whatever manner you please, for I have offended you with my lack of gratitude and the severity of my sins.
Truly I deserve your rebuke but look upon my weakness and deal with me not according to my sins but according to your compassion and tender mercy. Give me the strength to bear with patience all the pains, discomforts, anxieties, and trials of my sickness. If it is your will that this sickness is my last, I ask of you to direct me by your grace so that I may receive those sacraments which you have instituted for the good of my soul, to prepare it for its passage into eternity. I put my whole trust in you, dear Lord, and love you above all things. Through the merits of your passion and death, may I be admitted into the company of the blessed, there to reside with you forever and ever. Amen.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:34 AM , Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    I hope your husband is better soon. Michael's smile made my day.

     
  • At 10:08 AM , Blogger teresa_anawim2 said...

    Here's a question for Daniel and Mom:
    What is a PAPIPAD? I know it is for the critters, but is it a scratch pad?
    I have tried to search the internet and all I find are references to the knitting pattern and blogs which show those their owners have knitted up, but ...WHAT ARE THEY? LOL
    Whatever they are specifically used for, they do look nice.

    Blessings,
    teresa_anawim

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home