Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

WEDNESDAY WRAP UP



I'm so glad I didn't wait til the last minute on the tablecloth! It's taking what I think of as forever to do. I think that when I get the center beige lace finished I'll pick up some knitting just to break the monotony.
The weather is certainly keeping us entertained. If you don't like the weather just wait, it'll change. (and how!) We are supposed to get snow tomorrow and who knows then if the kids will have school Friday. One more reason I thank God I'm at home. It was very difficult to get things organized when I worked out of the home!
Still trying to decide what to give up and to do for Lent. Lent is supposed to be a time of change. Not just for changes' sake but to lead us toward a closer walk with Jesus. There was some discussion on one of the Ravelry groups. A few good ideas too! Should we spend less time on the computer? I think the boys definitely should consider this. The tv shows we watch regularly are Dirty Jobs, Mythbusters, Project Runway, and anything about the Civil War is watched by Eric. He is fixated on that time in American history and would love nothing better than to be a Civil War reenactor. Eric has decided to forego chocolate this Lent. Daniel will be celebrating his first Communion at Easter:~D I'm sure we'll be discussing why this is such an important occasion.
I don't think I'll be joining in on the Forty Days For Others knit along this year. I do so much charity knitting throughout the year and I feel that I need to focus more on my family this year. We'll be thinking more on what we want to accomplish this Lent, and quickly as it's only a week away.
Hope you are all feeling well and have a wonderful rest of the week:~D

2 Comments:

  • At 3:24 PM , Blogger Lulu said...

    what a beautiful piece..My mom used to love doing table cloths..
    such an adorable boy...

     
  • At 5:28 AM , Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    There's a lot of work in that tablecloth. I think rewarding yourself with a knitting break is a good idea.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home