Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Monday, February 11, 2008

THUNDERATION!





Well, here we go with the icy weather again. I was going to post earlier today, but it had been thundering pretty loudly. Some limbs that had been damaged by the last ice storm have fallen down. So far the cloths line is surviving;~P
I need to post about the lovely gifts I received last week from Knit Nana's blogaversary contest. Some lovely soft yarn, a red dress pin, and some nice mints in a small tin that will come in handy. Thank you Sallee for a lovely prize:~D
This Sunday, it was nice to knit at Simply Fibers again and this time meet up with Tammy and Sarah. I wanted to use up the last skein of yarn I had from my last Clapotis. So, I am making an Easy Lace Scarf.
We were planning on going to the Latin Mass but failed to get the news that the time was to be a 2pm and not 4pm as we had last heard. Oh well, there's always next month and we weren't the only ones who didn't get the memo either. We made it to St. Agnes instead.
Today while working on the tablecloth I finally got the inner lacy part done and am working on the stems and leaves in the inner part before I go knit on something.
Hope everyone is keeping well and warm. Today is the 150th anniversary of the apparition of Our Lady of Lourdes. St. Bernadette is one of my favorite saints as she is so plain and simple and she suffered with such dignity. Her body lies incorrupt in Nevers, France.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:51 AM , Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    I hope this is some of the last icy weather you have this winter. You're making great progress on the tablecloth. And the yarn is working well for the scarf. Pretty color.

     
  • At 1:20 PM , Blogger Nana Sadie said...

    So delighted everything arrived safely! Ice is no fun, but that's surely a pretty photo! Take care in that weather...
    (((hugs)))

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home