Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Monday, January 28, 2008

A MOST EXCELLENT MONDAY




Firstly thank you for your prayer regarding JoAnn. She is doing well and there was no cancer! Thank you God!!! It's time for healing and counting blessings:~D
I've started the beige color on the tablecloth. I'll leave the stems and leaves for last. It will be some time before it's finished though.
Today is the feast day of one of my very favorite saints, St. Thomas Aquinas. Here is a link to some prayers to and by St. Thomas Aquinas.
A big surprise for me this morning was an e-mail from Sallee that I was a winner in her contest! What a nice way to begin the week:~D
Esther has nominated me for an Excellence award! Wow, what a lovely thing to do. Thank you Esther! Now I'll need to nominate 10 blogs (only 10!) who I believe are excellent.
1. I always find Esther's blog most excellent in sharing our faith and it doesn't hurt that she's in Hawaii either;~)
2. Micki shares her collection of holy cards. They are so inspirational.
3. Mark Shea is one of the wonderful places to go for a humorous look at life.
4. Catholic Caveman is a little raw with the truth, but if you want some unvarnished enthusiasm for our Catholic faith, go visit the Caveman. He won't bite, but watch out for his club, he can hit hard;~P
5. Mark Scott takes the most beautiful pictures of Catholic places of worship in and around the St. Louis area. Really a pleasure to visit his site.
6. Danny Seo's blog is one to go to for green inspiration.
7. Tracy is just so inspiring and generous in sharing her patterns for preemies. Her pictures of her vacations are wonderful to behold as well.
8. Michelle always has something wonderful to share on her blog. She and her husband Jack do the most beautiful cross stitching and their dog Katie is so cute!!
9. Sallee at Knit Nana is one of the nicest people! If you get the chance check out her handmade purses. They are so well made. Check out her sweet cat The Meezer.
10. Barbara is so inspiring to me. She homeschools, makes rosaries and is a fabulous cook too.
Of course I think all of the links on my sideboard are excellent and are an inspiration to me whether I'm knitting and/or praying. I'm grateful to everyone who visits this blog and am especially grateful for the lovely comments left here. I pray that we may all see life as an excellent adventure:~D

5 Comments:

  • At 8:54 AM , Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

    Thank you sweet friend for that award. much appreciated. Your cross stitching is looking wonderful! it is going to be so pretty when it is done!

     
  • At 8:56 AM , Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    Gorgeous work on the tablecloth! My first love was embroidery, but I've abandoned it for knitting these days. Maybe one day maybe, I'll go back and finish up a couple of projects I started.

     
  • At 9:19 AM , Blogger Barbara said...

    Thank you, Lana. Your kind words mean a lot to me. And your tablecloth is beautiful -- you're a fast stitcher, too!

     
  • At 9:32 AM , Blogger Nana Sadie said...

    Thanks so much, Lana, for the award and the kind words! Your beautiful embroidery (roses, no less!) remind me of my grandmother who taught me to embroider - she made a tablecloth for each of daughters and one for each granddaugther - in cutwork, but she also did beautiful embroidery!

    I think you're going to have an heirloom to be proud of there!
    (((Hugs)))

     
  • At 12:36 PM , Blogger EC Gefroh said...

    Lovely tablecloth Lana!! Mahalo for the award!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home