Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Thursday, April 24, 2008

THANKFUL THURSDAY

Knitting these past few days has been very little. Yes, there are two different "blues" in this hat. Just using up Cascade 220 stash. It doesn't look quite as stark as on the photo though. It should keep some child's head warm this winter. It's made from the "Child's Stocking Cap" pattern from the December 1974 issue of "The Workbasket Magazine"
Poor #1 son began having a fever, chills and body aches Monday evening. He was up most of the night moaning and groaning. Around 2am he took a shower and after 5 minutes of listening to him groaning I told him to get out. He didn't go to school for two days and today he is making the attempt.
Michael has his days and nights mixed up and so as I write this I hope I make a little sense. I'd love to get a nap in but I'm doing the bed laundry and really am hoping to get a decent nights rest tonight (for a change).
I really appreciate all your prayers!!! Here's a nice
PRAYER OF THANKSGIVING FOR RECOVERY
Glory to you, heavenly Father, for the sickness you have sent me. My illness has humbled me and reminded me of your laws. Let me keep your word always.
Glory to you, O Lord, for delivering me from the terrors of pain and restoring me to health. You hear me in my troubles, and so I will live to declare the praises of my God.
Glory to you, O Lord God, for the lengthening of my life on this earth. Give me the grace to spend this life in your service and to perform all my resolutions with willing obedience.
When you finally decide that my time has come, let me die at peace with you, at peace with the world, and at peace with myself.
The blessings of God Almighty, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, descend on me and all belonging to me, and be with me in my going out and my coming in, now and forever. Amen.
************
Have a fine weekend everyone:~D

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home