Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Saturday, January 12, 2008

THANK YOU FREECYCLE


Ask and you shall receive. I had used up all my Red Heart yarn and so asked for some on Freecycle and received two bags of yarn today, so I started on a Papipad. I'm ready to start on Norm's sleeve and have a few more booties to get done before I'm caught up with The Preemie Project items for awhile.
I have been knitting for over 30 years and so with anything you practice for very long you get pretty fast at. Also as with Wendy at Wendy Knits I pick things up throughout the day and do a little here and there. Those stitches will add up.
2008 is going by pretty fast so far. We are already over 1/3 done. I'm going to have to see how long it takes me to embroider the tablecloth and see how much time I need to budget for to get it done in time. I'll begin to work on it next Saturday. My MIL worked on one that was smaller and it turned out so nicely!
*******
NIGHT PRAYER
Watch, dear Lord,
with those who wake, or watch, or weep tonight,
and give your angels charge over those who sleep.
Tend your sick ones, O Lord Jesus Christ,
rest your weary ones.
Bless your dying ones.
Soothe your suffering ones.
Pity your afflicted ones.
Shield your joyous ones.
And all for your love's sake.
Amen
~SAINT AUGUSTINE

6 Comments:

  • At 12:27 AM , Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

    Good for you on the yarn! Everything you make always looks so nice.

     
  • At 9:20 AM , Blogger teresa_anawim2 said...

    I had never heard of a Papipad before, not being a cat owner!
    I thought it was a leftover afghan in the early stages.
    I am thinking of doing the dishcloth project for small knitting. Presently I am doing a "Harmonious stripes" throw using Vanna's Choice in many many colors. I call it my 'Joseph's Afghan of Many Colors!".
    A photo should be on flicker soon.
    I am a new knitter in my middle age and am so excited about the craft!
    Thanks for adding my blog to your sidebar,
    Peace and all Good!
    teresa_anawim

     
  • At 12:33 PM , Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    The stash is replenished for free--pretty cool!

     
  • At 5:18 AM , Blogger Barbara said...

    That's a lovely windfall. I'm still using up a supply of baby yarn, one hat and bootie at a time!! Take care.

     
  • At 7:23 PM , Blogger Micki said...

    Only St. Augustine could say it so well. Thanks for sharing.

     
  • At 8:12 AM , Blogger Geraldine said...

    Well done Lana, let the abundance continue!!!


    Wishing you contentment, abundance and peace.

    Geraldine

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home