Knit and Pray

Catholic woman talks about knitting, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, crafting and Catholic Faith and family.

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

WHAT'S HAPPENING WEDNESDAY




Well, I have finished the dozen cloths and thought I'd share them with you. I really like the the way they turned out especially the cat. The Rose is nice in the bright red. The flower is pretty and the pastel is nice using the old Grandmother's Favorite pattern. It's made out of Bernat Cottontots so it's extra soft. I've done a little work on my clapotis and the booties. Will be working on Norm's Cobblestone Pullover the next few days too. Hope to have a good deal done by next Wednesday's progress.
We had the boys hunkered down in the tub the night before and they got Norm awake at 3am when they heard the tornado alarm. I slept right through that part, so the next morning was difficult for them to get up and going. When I was growing up my grandparents had a cellar in the back yard. When we heard on the radio that one was on the way we would head out in the rain and sometimes hail to visit with the slugs and spiders. One or the other of my grandparents would check outside and look at the sky. I would get so scared that they would get blown away. Ah, memories. Hope you have a great weekend and better weather:~D

4 Comments:

  • At 11:58 PM , Blogger EC Gefroh said...

    Oh, what nice patterns! Lana, just curious but how many dishcloths can you knit in one day? Thanks!

     
  • At 6:21 AM , Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

    Nice work, Lana!

     
  • At 11:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Lana-
    I am new to blog sites and just found yours. This is great. Although I feel guilty just sitting on here and reading and not doing something, I love seeing what others are knitting. Your wash cloths are too fun. Thanks for the patterns. I have a new skein that I picked up in ST. Louis and now will be knitting the cat cloth for my MIL. I can't wait.
    Thanks again.

     
  • At 11:01 AM , Blogger teresa_anawim2 said...

    Another Catholic who loves to knit!
    Fantastic! I have not been at it for 30 yrs as you have, but only for 1 and am having a ball in my middle age.
    .

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home